Mr. Nugget Publisher's Corner
We're glad you're interested in our new game Mr. Nugget. Here you'll find all the information we have to share with you about it.
- Mr. Nugget is a chill exploration🧭 / narrative✍️ roguelike game inspired by the gold rush era 💰💰💰 and native american mythology 🪶.
- It has a chill gameplay loop with digging, sifting and foraging mini-games.
- It has a 'choices matter' random event system and roguelike elements (including random maps and shareable seeds).
- It will be released with tools that allow players to create their own content (events/tiles/npcs) and share it with other players. We believe in fostering creativity through gameplay🤗.
- We have a 22-month development plan that includes the main release on month 14 and 4 DLCs on months 15🌼, 18☀️, 21🍁 and 22👻.
- The cost for the full production is $710.650, The main game is $490.000 and the DLCs is $230.000 (expressed in US dollars).
You can download the pitch deck on PDF or view it online.
You can also review the production plan.
If you have any questions or are interested feel free to get in touch with Fran to schedule a call for further discussion.
Here are some videos showing our vision of how the game should look, this is not the art you'll find in the prototype, because our art exploration has been done after the prototype. You can watch them full screen by hovering and clicking the full screen icon.
You can now download a windows build of our prototype.
What to expect/What's missing:
- Programmer/Stock art (we did the art exploration after the gameplay prototype)
- Not so great sound design (we have not done much in this aspect yet)
- Three minigames (dig, sift, foraging) that show the essence. We'll implement a cooking minigame at least and refine foraging to support ingredients. We'll assess the need for additional minigames
- Events are crude and quick, but the elements are there: an event system with probability at its core. The final game's events will come with audio and illustrations associated.
- A lot of "chill" atmosphere is missing: clouds that move slowly and that, in case you need to look behind them, you can disperse in a very satisfactory way, nice feedback to most actions, etc.
- Level of detail: we want to provide a "zoomed in" experience where the player can just spend time looking at the beauty of the valley, and we'll also use this zoomed in view to support the foraging mechanic by hinting places where you can find food other than the birds in the sky. Right now you can just zoom, no changes other than size of elements.
If you have any questions regarding the demo please don't be afraid of getting in touch by email. Enjoy!